Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, June 12, 2014

I Just Got Lucky As A Newbie

Who would have thought that a newbie blogger like me would win a blog contest. It was on May 31st that I saw a post saying that The Belo ProAcne Line is holding a blog competition for the reviews made on the its different products which were availed through Sample Room. Thinking about such opportunity, I hurriedly gathered my materials and did my personal experience review.

The Blog Competition was tagged "Shine Bright Even Without A Spotlight". I was racing with time. Why? The very day which I saw the post was the deadline itself. With only my handheld phone to take photos and my insights about the product to equip me, I kept my hopes high. I have seen reviews done by professional bloggers on the product and I said to myself, "There is no harm in trying!".

I am no professional photographer and editing the photos were much of a burden for me than checking my grammar! Well, I did the best that I could to present the product in photographs in such a way that it could justify what I was saying. My grammar is not perfect either but I tried my very best to convey my thoughts in a manner that my readers would easily have a grasp on what I am trying to say rather than swamp my post with highfalutin words to impress and get nowhere.

Days have passed and I forgot about the contest. I have been too busy taking my Grade One daughter to and from school. Call me a stage mom. Hahaha! As my daughter and I arrived home from school yesterday, I hurriedly checked on my e-mails to see if my sample orders have been shipped. I got a message from Sample Room and thought it was a reminder of my shipment order. To my surprise a "Congratulations!" was written on it! I got overwhelmed and hastily sent my reply. My details were needed for the shipment of my prize and I now am counting the days until it gets to my doorstep. I just can't wait!
Here is the link to Sample Room's winner post... Blog Contest Winners

Until my next post, guys! I'll let you know when I have my loot on hand. ;)

2 comments:

  1. congrats,wish i could try sample room too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, sherry anne. how about giving sample room a try? they have nice samples available as of the moment. :)

      Delete